Friday, May 24, 2013

Update to 'My Sarcoma' project

A few weeks ago I posted about my friend and neighbor, Ray Paul's battle with Sarcoma and his amazing response to it - to create art using histologic images of his own tumor.  Ray finished the first painting in the series and entered it into a contest, and it won!  You can see the contest - and Ray's finished painting, at the ArtSlant Competition website,

and here it is as well:

Ray Paul, "SP12-6796 x 40 - 3," acrylic, latex, enamel on canvas printed with a photographic image of the metastatic myxofibrosarcoma to my left lung, 26" x 36"  2013

 

He tells me he plans a total of 6 in this series (all quite different) and then hopes to exhibit them all at Moffitt and possibly take them on a tour of several cancer center's throughout the US with strong Sarcoma programs.  If you know of anyone interested, please do contact me or Ray.

As an aside, the TEDMED blog also ran a piece about this project.  Great exposure for art and healing.

You can follow Ray on twitter at @raypaul4 or see more of his work at his website, www.RayPaulArt.com

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete